The Chief George Manuel Memorial Library is dedicated to the memory of Secwepemc Chief George Manuel, (1921-1989) and to the nations of the Fourth World, to the elders and to the generations to come.
This library is among the largest indigenous peoples libraries in the world, containing over a 100,000 full text documents,reports, and publications from American Indian nations and indigenous nations from around the globe and serving as a node on the World Wide Web library system.
The library provides free access to many thousands of documents and premium access via subscription only. Our library is regularly updated, however we depend upon you to support this vital work. Read more...
This archive was developed under the Fourth World Documentation Program, that was originally authorized by a resolution of the Conference of Tribal Governments. The resolution was originally sponsored by Chairman Cliff Keline of the Muckleshoot Tribal Council in 1979. We have digitized more than 1000 of these documents so they will be available to Tribal governments, researchers, students and people interested in policy developments in the Fourth World.
Our librarian and research assistants may be able to secure documents from the hardcopy archive. simply write to: Librarian and request information. There will be a charge for this service. Ask the Librarian.
If you're not sure what you're looking for, you might want to start with a search of all the pages contained in the Center for World Indigenous Studies Web Site.
- Includes Fall 1998 grant information and grant criteria and application.Download
- C.S. Fund funding goals and guidelines, dissent, environment, grant application, qualifications and Warsh/Mott Legacy 1997 Grants List. Includes a copy of a magazine titled, The Network, International Issues: a Window on Our World.Download
- ERICA, an international award for non-profits to help develop and realize their visions through the power of the Internet. Rules for the applicants and an online application submitted by the Center for World Indigenous Studies.Download
- Flyer about a magazine discussing grants and foundations with available awards for needing groups and individuals. Includes a brief letter from the executive director of the magazine and a subscription acceptance card.Download
- Web page about the Small Grants program and what they offer, a description of the guidelines and an application submitted by the Center for World Indigenous Studies.Download
- Web page print out of the guidelines of the foundation, about the foundation itself, areas of interest, restrictions, types of grants, how to apply, letter of interest cover page and deadlines.Download
- 1996-1998 application and grant guidelines for the Lannan Foundation. Included is a list of grants awarded in 1998 and information on granting guidelines.Download