Treaties, Agreements, and Other Constructive Arrangements
Bilateral Treaties and Accords
- CHIPTRT1.TXT - Treaty with the Ottawa, Chippewa, etc. - March 28, 1836
- CHIPTRT2.TXT - Treaty with the Chippewa - July 29, 1837
- CHIPTRT3.TXT - Treaty with the Chippewa - October 4, 1842
- CHIPTRT4.TXT - Treaty with the Chippewa - September 30, 1854
- DUCKWSGC.TXT - Compact of Self-Governance Between the Duckwater Shoshone Nation and the United States of America
- OR-COAST.TXT - Oregon Coast Tribes Treaty of 1855 (Unratified)
- QUINTRET.TXT - The Quinault River Treaty signed July 1, 1855
- TRAVERSE.TXT - Compact of Self-Governance Between the Grand Traverse Band of Ottawa and Chippewa Indians and the United States of America - June 16, 1992
- YATAMA.TXT - The YATAMA/Nicaragua Accord - Basic Preliminary Accords Between the Government of Nicaragua and the Organization YATAMA February 2, 1988
Multilateral and International Instruments
- A Treaty between Indigenous Nations on the Protection of Cultural Property and Traditional Resource Rights: Asserting Indigenous Nation Sovereignty
February 23, 2000 - Briefing Memorandum issued on the occasion of the Union of British Columbia Indian Chiefs "Protecting Traditional Knowledge" Conference, February 23-26, 2000, Vancouver, British Columbia.
- CENTENAL.TXT - Centennial Accord Between the Federally Recognized Indian Tribes in Washington State and the State of Washington
- DRAFT88.TXT - UN Working Paper by Ms. Erica-Irene A. Daes containing a set of draft preambular paragraphs and principles for the Universal Declaration on Indigenous Rights
- DRAFT89.TXT - First Revised Text of the Draft Universal Declaration on Rights of Indigenous Peoples - 1989 version E/CN.4/Sub.2/1989/33 - 15 June 1989
- DRAFT93.TXT - UN Draft Universal Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples, 1993 version E/CN.4/Sub.2/1993/26 - June 1993
- DRFT9329.TXT - UN Draft Universal Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples, 1993 version E/CN.4/Sub.2/1993/29 - August 1993. Also available in PDF format. Note: This is latest version of the Draft Declaration. Also released as E/CN.4/Sub.2/1994/2/Add.1
- ICRIN-94.TXT - International Covenant on the Rights of Indigenous Nations - Authorized Version Initialed July 28, 1994, Geneva, Switzerland. Also available in PDF format.
- ICRINSUM.TXT - Evolving New International Laws From the Fourth World by Rudolph C. Rÿser - Background on the International Covenant on the Rights of Indigenous Nations. Also available in PDF format.
- ILO_107.TXT - I.L.O. Convention 107 -- Convention Concerning the Protection and Integration of Indigenous and Other Tribal and Semi-Tribal Populations in Independent Countries
- ILO_169.TXT - I.L.O. Convention 169 -- Convention Concerning Indigenous and Tribal Peoples in Independent Countries - 1989
- NWPACTRT.TXT - The 1994 Pacific Northwest Treaty - Multilateral treaty between Indian Nations in the Northwest U.S. and Canada
- NWPACBAK.TXT - Background and List of Objectives - 1994 Pacific Northwest Treaty
Agreements Between Indian Nations and Local Governments
- ENV_MOU.TXT - Memorandum of Understanding Between Federally Recognized Tribes of Wash. State and the State of Washington -- Environmental Protection
- LUMMIMOU.TXT - Draft Memorandum of Understanding Between the Lummi Nation and Whatcom County for the establishment of a coordinated Tribal/County Lummi Reservation Planning Process
- PUYALLUP.TXT - Memorandum of Intent between the Puyallup Tribe, Pierce County, Washington State and the U.S.A to work together on a government-to-government basis on Cedar River issues
- QINJCMOU.TXT - Memorandum of Understanding Between Jefferson County, WA and the Quinault IndianNation re: developing a cooperative approach to the regulation of development for lands located within the Quinault Reservation.
- QINMOU93.TXT - Memorandum of Understanding Between the Quinault Nation and Jefferson and Grays Harbor Counties re: Establishing a Joint Land Use Regulatory Program and Minimum Development Guidelines.
- SKOK.TXT - Memorandum of Understanding Between the Skokomish Tribe and Mason County, Washington
- SUQMETRO.TXT - Seven Point Protocal Between the Suquamish Tribe and the Municipality of Metropolitan Seattle (METRO)
- SWIN-SKG.TXT - Memorandum of Understanding for Establishing Procedures for the Administration of a Cooperative Land Use Planning Prgram between Swinomish and Skagit County, WA
- SWINOMSH.TXT - Memorandum of Understanding for Establishing a Coordinated Tribal/County Regional Planning Program Between the Swinomish Indian Tribe and Skagit County, Wa
Treaty Related Documents
- UNTRTSTD.TXT - First Progress Report of the UN Study on Treaties, Agreements and Other Constructive Arrangements Between States and Indigenous Populations - 25 August 1992
- UNTRTST2.TXT - Second Progress Report of the UN Study on Treaties, Agreements and Other Constructive Arrangements Between States and Indigenous Populations - 31 July 1995. Also available in PDF format.
- WW_CHRON.TXT - Treaty Rights Workshop Chronologies for Western Washington Tribes -- Timeline of Wa. history, treaty relations, and Gov. Issac Stevens
- WWCHEALS.TXT - Treaty Rights Workshop - The Chehalis River Treaty Council and the Treaty of Olympia (Includes transcript of treaty making session with Gov. Stevens)
- WWPUGSND.TXT - Treaty Rights Workshop - The Treaties of Puget Sound 1854-55 (Background information on the treaty signings and the persons responsible).
- WWTREATY.TXT - Treaty Rights Workshop - Background of Treaty Making In Western Washington by Barbara Lane, PhD.
- © 1994-2014 Center for World Indigenous Studies
- The Center for World Indigenous Studies is a non profit 501c(3) research and education organization