Essentially our goal and we believe the goal the President of the General Assembly should adopt is for indigenous peoples constitutional or customary governments and institutions to directly participate in dialogue and decisions affecting their rights, interests and social, economic, political and strategic status among the worlds peoples within the United Nations Organization. The Center for World Indigenous Studies supports formation of an organizational framework that permits such direct participation, but we
also suggest that,
1. The political identity of a people (nation) sending a delegation
2. State recognition must not be a condition for eligibility.
3. The structure of a UN framework must include four delegation organizations with one organization at the UN Headquarters
4. Indigenous nation delegations may speak or intervene at any level
5. Any delegation may originate an instrument of law or practice at any level